Support Steps for Loss & Grief
1. Help the person actualize the loss.
2. Help the person identify and express feeling of anger, guilt,
fear, anxiety, sorrow.
3. Work with the person on living without the deceased/person/situation/job/status/income
4. Aid emotional withdrawal from loss
5. Give time to grief and its expression
6. Assess "normal" and "pathological" behavior/relating patterns
7. Allow for individual behavior
9. Explore defenses and coping mechanisms
10. Assess for referral if there is absence, deferred or prolonged grieving.